Natural, No Hormones, No Antibiotics, Locally Raised
Richter Farms produces delicious Red Wattle pork raised on pasture and in hardwoods near Abbeville, Al.
How do I order a half or whole hog? (it’s easy):
Ordering a half or whole hog for freezer meat is almost, but not quite, as easy as stopping at the grocery store after work and getting the meat for tonight’s supper. The steps are listed below for your convenience if this your first time considering ordering pork this way
- CONTACT US, get an order form and contract to fill out, and ask any questions you have at any time throughout the process.
- You Fill out the order form and contract. You send a deposit payment to me of approximately 1/2 the cost of the hog via check, cash or Credit Card. Online payment is not available at this time. I can take credit card payment in person or over the phone.
- I will deliver your hog to the processor.
- The processor will slaughter, dress the hog, and weigh the carcass. You will be informed of the hanging weight and the remainder of your fee for the meat.
- You pay me, Vince Richter, the remainder of the fee for the meat. The processor will not release your meat until the remainder of the fee for the pork is paid via check, cash or Credit Card. Online payment is not available at this time. I can take credit card payment in person or over the phone.
- The processor will cool, cut, cure/smoke if desired, wrap, and freeze your meat.
- You will be called when your meat is ready for pick up at the processor.
- You will pay the processor their fee when you pick the meat up.
- A whole hog will take up about 6-8 cubic feet of freezer space, and a half hog will take about 3-4 cubic feet of freezer space.
Bringing frozen meat home from the processor is no more complicated than bringing frozen meat home from the store, except there is more of it. Coolers will definitely keep the meat frozen on the way home if you have enough cooler space. Towels or blankets put over the bags of meat, for a normal trip home, will substitute for coolers to keep the meat frozen if necessary.
Order specific cuts of Pork directly from “Richter Farms“:
CONTACT US to find out availability of cuts, and we’ll send you a current price list and arrange a time to meet for delivery.
Buy Richter Farms Pork through the “Market at Dothan” facebook order page:
You can also order our pork at the “Market at Dothan” facebook page, along with other naturally raised Farm products from several local farms.
Enjoy your Premium, Heritage, Pork!